Firstly, I want to start off by saying I am 100% pro-selfie. There are absolutely no reason why I think anyone should hate selfies. My number one reason why I am pro-selfie is because selfies take confidence to take and post. When I see a selfie of a person, I just remember that when they decided to post it, they were thinking, "yeah, I am good looking! Let's show the world with this selfie! What up world? I'm here to shine a little brightness on your day with how awesome I look right now!" Okay, well maybe that's an exaggeration but you get the idea. If you post a selfie, you most likely like the way that you look in that picture, which is an amazing thing. There is too much negativity in the media, saying that you have to look a certain way to be beautiful, which can bring people's self esteem down, but posting selfies I think can bring people self esteems up, which I am 100% here for.
In summary: selfies are great.
Anyways, let's talk about the selfie stick. If you don't know, it's a stick that helps you extend your range of your phone so you can take better selfies without having to stretch your arm. Pretty simple invention, and pretty useful, especially if you want to get a nice angle of the background behind you.
So this post has been very positive lately, but sadly here comes the negative. Some people think that selfie sticks should be banned. Why? I don't know either.
The only reason why I would think selfie sticks are banned are because they can be seen as a weapon. Like come on, do you really think that a selfie stick is a potential threat? If you have ever seen or held one, you know that the stick is actually like a twig, and if you hit it against something it will easily bend or snap. So if you're banning selfie sticks because they're seen as weapons, might as well ban canes too.
If you're just banning selfie sticks because they're annoying, well sorry that your selfie won't look as good as theirs with that sick angle.
Love your selfie.
- Natalie

0 comments: